[TriLUG] Linux for SMBs

Allen StClair allen.stclair at conciatech.com
Wed Apr 19 21:34:28 EDT 2006

Hi Jason,

I'm mainly in a discovery phase right now.

As you know, Microsoft owns the SMB space, but I think Linux has some
competitive cost advantages in SQL Servers, CRM software, Email systems,
Groupware, Content Management Systems, Network Monitoring, and Virtual
Machine Hosting.

I'm trying to determine the level of community support in this area for
Linux in SMBs. I've got my hands full providing Microsoft solutions, so
finding local resources is a good starting point.

Regards and good wishes,
Allen

Allen St. Clair
President