[TriLUG] Open Source Propaganda

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 17:02:48 EDT 2006

1) source code... so what - if you are just a user *shrugs* what does
that matter... sorry to throw a devil's punch in there, but I can't
code worth a crap and just b/c my smart guy got hit by a truck doesn't
make me feel any better if I'm now the one who has to make something
happen (sans finding a replacement that will understand coding).  I'm
sure you didn't mean to just state that from a developer's (or smart
and informed person's) point of view, but you gotta think of the lay
man too.  :)  Some people just "use" software that is available to
them, no matter how it got there, what it runs on, etc.  :p  so have
fun with those comments.  :)

1.1) if I got hit by a Mack Truck, my office would have a hissy fit!
But it's good to know I'd be missed.  :D  the Mack Truck rule
definitely exists here.

1.2) when I started here, I had 4 Windows servers to admin... now we
have 14 servers, 5 of which are Linux.  yeah me!  ;)

1.3) my numbering of paragraphs is stupid... haha!

1.4) laters,
David McD