[TriLUG] Best LAN party facility in the Triangle

Jonathan Woodbury jpwoodbu at mybox.org
Wed Apr 26 13:54:14 EDT 2006

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good place to hold a LAN party of up
to 40 people in the Triangle? We're looking for something that is close to
or in a hotel and close to cheap eating. The big problem is finding a place
that's actually got the electrical infrastructure to deal with a 4A per
machine load.

Last year we held our LAN party at the Amerisuites in Greensboro. They
insisted they could handle a 160A load in their meeting room. We lost power
3 times while only pulling < 80A. Of course, they only had 3 20A circuits
for that room which we learned about the hard way. This time I'll have to
inspect the power situation myself, so I'm hoping not to waste a lot of time
hunting the right place down if you guys already know where to look :).

Naturally, if anyone here enjoys playing BF2, CS:S, UT2K4, and hopefully
UT2K7 by the time the LAN happens, you're welcome to come. Feel free to send
me a direct email if you want more info.

Thanks!