[TriLUG] OT - Anybody want a summer intern?

Randall Barlow randall_barlow at ncsu.edu
Thu Apr 27 14:21:02 EDT 2006

Brian Bell wrote:

> Sounds great Randy!!! But, you'll have to pass my stringent, summer
> intern test first.
>
> It has only one requirement:     Your advertised website must be live.
> Ohhh, sorry Randy,  looks like you didn't make the cut.  :)
>
> Good fun, good fun.    Joking aside... ahem... your website is down.
> Brian

Actually I'm fully aware of that - it's been down two weeks or so now
due to hardware failure and it being the end of the semester (you know,
final projects and exams).  Our server was a Clark Connect machine, at
least until our RAID card starting making all kinds of midnight racket.
So we had a dead drive.  Of course, the system was backed up, but then
my roommate decided he needed to use the machine for some kind of end of
semester project (it does belong to him afterall) and so we no longer
have it as a server at the moment.  So that's my excuse - it's my
roommate's fault :)

--
Randy Barlow
Research Assistant