[TriLUG] Will Code 4 Food (and the occasional paycheck)

Martin Streicher martin.streicher at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 15:32:20 EDT 2006

After many years managing large projects and four recent years
editing Linux Magazine, I want to re-enlist in the Geek Corps,
programming full-time in Perl (first choice) or PHP. Consider this
missive the proverbial tossing of my hat into the ring.

Rather than bore readers with bytes and bytes of resume, I'll simply
say that I have an advanced degree in computer science from Purdue,
have worked lots with Class::DBI, Parse::RecDescent, the Mail::*
modules, and more in the past two years, although I've used Perl
since 2.0. I've done OO Perl, lots of data mangling, but not as much
OO with PHP. I've worked with Unix-like systems since 1982, including
system programming, sys admin, and even handling reel-to-reel tape
drives. (The latter skill might make me $0.35 more valuable to some
employer.) I am tinkering with Mason at the moment.

The full story -- just in case you need a laugh this late in the
afternoon -- is at
http://www.linux-mag.com/download/strike/martin_streicher.txt.

I live in North Raleigh. I am open to any and all ideas -- contracts,
travel to exotic destinations, hacking old code, you name it.

Thanks for your consideration.

Martin