[TriLUG] My part in the elections next week

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri May 5 15:35:56 EDT 2006

On 5/5/06, Matt Frye <mattfrye at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also nominate Tanner and Magnus to the committee that writes the
> document.  As someone who has experience both writing and approving
> committee documents, I also volunteer.

Any committee besides the Steering Committee is appointed by the SC
and not voted on by the membership.  Sadly, the SC hasn't
actually established any committees to do anything, instead preferring
to do almost everything in house.  I would gladly serve on this
committee if the SC decided to instantiate it.

The other committee I would suggest the SC empower is a
system administration committee.  The trilug cluster is fairly
complex these days and having more people, especially
people outside the SC, work on it would be a good thing, imho.

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace