[TriLUG] semi OT: Magnetic Stripe / Credit Card readers

Ryan Wheaton ryan.wheaton at comcast.net
Tue May 9 13:47:46 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the input devices that
can read magnetic strips?  I'd like to have a USB one that reads a
credit card, and fills out a sort of "sign up" form from that
information.  I'd also prefer one that works with Linux (of course).

Also, any idea of a good (online?) store that sells this sort of device?
  I've found a couple through searching, but none look all that reliable.

thanks,

-ryan