[TriLUG] Steering Committee Candidate Bio - Matt Frye

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Wed May 10 15:25:56 EDT 2006

> As a interested voter, I'd like to know more about these servers.
> Could you please post the specs on them?  Also, were they
> donated or loaned to TriLUG?

The servers were two Penguin Computing Altus 1300's each sporting two
1.8GHz Dual Core AMD Opterons, 2GB of RAM, and two 300GB SCSI drives.
The agreement was technically a loan for one year with the
understanding that it would be extended indefinitely when the time
came.

> Furthermore, what is the intended use of them?  Will they replace any of the
> existing servers?

Since I'm not currently on the Steering Committee, this is a question
I can't answer.  However, one of the servers was used in my Xen
presentation last month.

Matt