[TriLUG] Re: Managing postfix/squirrelmail

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed May 10 15:56:06 EDT 2006

GAHHH!!!!!!!! Please say it ain't so!

The default IMAP server is almost certainly Washington University
IMAP (also known as WU-IMAP) which, while it works, it only
works just barely.  You will get a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH!!!!!!!
better experience with IMAP with ANY OTHER IMAP SERVER
AVAILALBE.

Even WU-IMAP can be made to work better (as I did when I set
up the original TriLUG IMAP server) but it requires compile time
changes.  The default setup is as slow and as minimal as you
can get and works fine for 1-2 users with 1-2 mailboxes, but anything
beyond that is an exercise in frustration.

Cheers,
Tanner