[TriLUG] Announcement of Candidacy of David Brendlinger for TriLUG Steering Committee !

David Brendlinger sanmanspam at hotmail.com
Thu May 11 10:30:18 EDT 2006

Welcome Triluggers!

First of all I want to thank TriLUG and it's members for all the great
meetings and information I have received over the years.

In an effort to give back to the Lug, I am announcing my candidacy for the
Steering Committee.

Here is just a little about my experience I am offering to TriLUG:
1)  Over 18 years in IT
2)  Linux, Unix and Windows Administrator
3)  Member of many of the Triangle User Goups ( TriLUG, Tripug, Ncsysadmin &
Ntug )
4)  Linux has been my primary OS for over 7 years
5)  Currently a linux Tester at IBM

If selected for the Steering Committee I would like to see more resume
building meetings such as San, Vmware, Firewalls etc.  I would also like
follow the lead of trinug in putting videos of more interesting meetings on
the web in order to attract new members.

We are slated to elect five new Steering Committee members for this year.
Last year we needed to elect three more people to the board due to
vacancies.  May I propose that the two "at large" positions in the Steering
Committee be created in order to provide experienced people to the Steering
Committee ?   The increase of people on the Steering Committee would also
reflect the great growth of TriLUG and the growth of the board's
responsibilities.

If selected to service on the Steering Committee I promise to listen to the
members of TriLUG and deliver what the members request.  This is my chance
to Give Back to TriLUG.

Thank you all!

Dave

David Brendlinger