[TriLUG] Re: request for FC5 install media

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Fri May 12 13:02:17 EDT 2006

Be sure your friend has more than 256 MB RAM on the computer he wishes to
install FC5 on.  RPM on FC5 seems to have gotten much more memory
intensive.
  My home laptop is a PIII 800 with 256 MB RAM that was running FC4.  I
burned the 5 CDs for the FC5 upgrade, started with booting off of the first
CD and 14 HOURS later it was done.  I've done the FC4-->FC5 upgrade on
other machines with varying amounts of RAM and CPU speed and it "seems"
that life is much better with 512 MB RAM or more, regardless of cpu speed.

Doug

>A friend has asked me to provide him with FC5 install media. Anybody
>have CDs kicking around that I can borrow or keep?

>He didn't say whether DVD would work, but if you've got either, please
>bring to the meeting?

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null