[TriLUG] Newly generated gpg keys

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Sat May 13 17:00:32 EDT 2006

On 5/13/06, Michael Tharp <gxti at partiallystapled.com> wrote:
> Josh Vickery wrote:
> > I sent along my key and was able to pull it back down from pgp.mit.edu.
> >
> > Once I sign someone else's key should I then upload it back to the
> > keyserver I got them from?
> >
> > Josh
>
> Yes, once you sign the key you just upload it back with --send-keys.

It's best to ask the key owner first.  Some folks seem uneasy about
anyone besides themselves uploading their key.  I think that they are
afraid of "guilt-by-association."

On the other hand since I can't think of a way to stop anyone from
signing my key "maliciously", I don't think that someone signing my
key can prove anything detrimental to me.

--
Rick DeNatale

IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator
http://ipmsr12.denhaven2.com/