[TriLUG] Newly generated gpg keys

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Mon May 15 15:03:51 EDT 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 03:01:52PM -0400, Alan Porter wrote:

> >gpg --send-keys <yourkeyId> will send it out to a key server where it
> >will be passed around like the stomach virus in a kindergarten class
> >to all the keyservers.
>
> I tried once from dargo and it failed.
>
> [porter at dargo porter]$ gpg --send-keys 57367482
> gpg: can't connect to `www.mandrakesecure.net': No route to host
> gpg: keyserver send failed: network error

Once again dargo shows its age :(

> Should we just pick some random keyserver out there in internet land and
> use the --keyserver option?

I recommend using subkeys.pgp.net.  You can configure the default keyserver
in your .gnupg/options file.

--
Kevin Otte, N8VNR
nivex at nivex.net
http://www.nivex.net/

-=-

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-- George Santayana

"It seems no one reads Santayana anymore."
-- Cdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5