[TriLUG] Newly generated gpg keys

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Mon May 15 15:22:31 EDT 2006

Let's back up one step... for the sake of the gpg-challenged
(such as myself).

We need to do two things:
(1) upload our keys to a keyserver
(2) sign other people's keys using the slips of paper that
    we traded and upload the result somewhere.

#1 seems easy enough.
gpg --send-keys --keyserver some.random.keyserver 1234ABCD
Then let the stomach virus spread.

I have no idea how to do #2.  I assume that I have to download
someone else's public key from one of these random keyservers.
Then I run some gpg magic, and then I send it back to some
keyserver.  Is that right?

And why do I keep seeing mention of a web site called "biglumber".
Somehow, that name does not really give me a warm and secure
feeling.  Who are these biglumberjacks anyway?

How about a simple HOW-TO, like the one that CMP posted before
the meeting?  No "Alice and Bob" stories, no "foo.bar.com", just
real live instructions?

Muchas gracias,

Alan