[TriLUG] Newly generated gpg keys

Michael Tharp gxti at partiallystapled.com
Mon May 15 16:34:16 EDT 2006

Alan Porter wrote:
> I am still missing something.  Where exactly does "gpg" on dargo
> go to find Joseph Tate's key?
It doesn't go finding it on its own, you have to explicitly download it.
$ gpg --recv-key <keyid>

Then you can verify & sign (re Kevin's instructions), and if the person
wants you to, send the signature back to the keyserver (gpg --send-key),
or email them the sig. I don't know specifically how to do the latter
but it shouldn't be too difficult.

> I always get the feeling that this is one of those tools that
> is EASY for people who have been using it for a while, and HARD
> for people who are just trying it out.
True statement.