[TriLUG] MTA to MTA through mail.trilug.org

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Tue May 16 15:51:14 EDT 2006

Hello Everyone,
I run my own MTA at home. The number of places that won't excecpt mail from
a dynamic IP address has gotten so large I really need to relay through a
static IP. As a TriLUG member I figured I could do this through TriLUG. I am
using postfix and got it configured to relay through mail.trilug.org.
However, it is having trouble with the self signed cert that the TriLUG MTA
is using. Does anyone know how to get postfix to accept the cert? Or is the
problem with my login:password, which works from Thunderbird? Any insight
would be appreciated.

Here's what's in my log:
May 16 15:41:57 bwg3 postfix/smtp[12635]: certificate verification failed
for mail.trilug.org: num=19:self signed certificate in certificate chain
May 16 15:41:57 bwg3 postfix/smtp[12635]: Server certificate could not be
verified
May 16 15:41:58 bwg3 postfix/smtp[12635]: 0A8474280D: to=<
address at other.domain>, relay=mail.trilug.org[64.244.27.142], delay=2,
status=deferred (Authentication failed: SASL authentication failed; server
mail.trilug.org[64.244.27.142] said: 535 Error: authentication failed)

Thanks,
Ken