[TriLUG] I've got intruders!!

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu May 18 11:40:21 EDT 2006

On 5/17/06, Neil L. Little <nllittle at vnet.net> wrote:
> Uh oh,
> I'm not entirely positive, but I believe that the version of webgui
> currently installed falls in that range. Thanks Rick!

I think also that some additional later security exposures were
discussed on the webgui home page.

It behooves anyone running any LAMP applications (or anything other
internet facing apps) to subscribe to the support mailing lists for
those apps and keep an eye out for security advisories.

It's also a good idea to think about which of those apps really need
to be publically accessible and which should be protected behind
safeguards like Apache security mechanisms.  I run both awstats and
phpmysql, for example, but they are both only available to
authenticated users.

--
Rick DeNatale

IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator