[TriLUG] TriLug classes

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 13:14:33 EDT 2006

LDAP w/ kerberos as a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 AD replacement...
show how to get the basic setup up and running, followed with having
Microsoft Windows XP workstations having the capability to login
through their "cnt-alt-del" login style as well as how to setup Linux
and possibly also OS X workstations to do the same (I suppose those
have to do with local PAM settings?) ... and can an application like
Exchange be considered if there are no "true" Microsoft AD's present
(for those of us who are absolutely stuck with Exchange)??  What about
MSSQL's and other non Microsoft apps that have "built in AD auth
support" and can they use the LDAP w/ kerberos as well?

Is that challenging enough or still a pipe dream?  The less Microsoft
servers I can have around with continued reliability I enjoy from
Linux would be great.  I know my Linux web servers running Apache 2.x
can use mod_auth_ldap or some other mod to auth to LDAP w/ kerberos,
so I'm not worried about that particular piece!  :)

thanks,
David