[TriLUG] appropriate use of privileged access to TriLUG-owned resources

Magnus stinkfart at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:21:13 EDT 2006

On 5/18/06, Kevin Otte <nivex at nivex.net> wrote:

> And what does it say to you, Mr. Hedemark, that not only I, but most (if
> not
> all) of the currently sitting Steering Committee has you on /ignore as
> well?

Which raises a response to Mr. Sonney about why I felt the need to air this
in front of the general membership instead of just to the steering
committee.

I believe it is in my pervue to place a ban on resources to those I feel are
> abusing them.  In this case, the ban was temporary.  I did this with the
> full knowledge of at least one member of the sitting SC.

It was only temporary because the second that I mentioned I would be taking
this up with the SC, you suddenly had a change of heart.  You should have
never crossed that line in the first place.

> First of all, I believe the word you are looking for is "democratic" not
> "bureaucratic".  Second of all, I do not believe you would comprehend a
> democratic response if it was presented to you.

No, I had the right word.