[TriLUG] libcurl.so.2 and Mandriva 2006

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Sat May 20 02:59:58 EDT 2006

On 5/19/06, matt1027 <box1027 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I couldn't find curl-7.9.8 but I did find
> curl-7.10.6-1.src.rpm.  Could someone tell me how to make this
> src.rpm work because it appears to have libcurl.so.2 contained in
> it.  I tried installing like a regular rpm but couldn't find that it
> did anything.

Actually, it looks like the original rpm you were trying to install
wasn't compile for your version of Mandriva.  Therefore,
trying to install it's dependencies will be much more of a
problem than not.  Instead, I'd suggest finding a .src.rpm
for the original program and rebuilding it with

rpmbuild --rebuild filname-version.src.rpm

That will ensure that it picks up the dependencies from
your system (and links with libcurl.so.3 instead of
libcurl.so.2).

Cheers,
Tanner

--