[TriLUG] dnsmasq dying

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Sat May 20 18:42:08 EDT 2006

Howdy folks. The other day I noticed dnsmasq was dead on my
router/NAT/firewall OpenBSD device when pages stopped loading in my
browser. I looked in /var/log/daemon and /var/log/messages, but didn't
see any indication of why it died, so I restarted it, this time in a
screen session with 'dnsmasq -d'

I'm getting the following:

# dnsmasq -d
dnsmasq: started, version 2.22 cachesize 150
dnsmasq: setting --bind-interfaces option because of OS limitations
dnsmasq: DHCP, IP range 192.168.10.100 -- 192.168.10.180, lease time 18h
dnsmasq: using local addresses only for domain mylocaldomain.lan
dnsmasq: read /etc/hosts - 14 addresses
dnsmasq: reading /etc/resolv.conf
dnsmasq: using nameserver 24.25.5.149#53
dnsmasq: using nameserver 24.25.5.150#53
dnsmasq: using local addresses only for domain mylocaldomain.lan
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
#

I'm still not seeing anything in any logs.

dnsmasq -v gives: Dnsmasq version 2.22

The only thing that changed just before this started happening is that
I installed a printer/multifunction on a windows box on the network
and shared the printer out.

What's going on here? Hints to get me started on fixing this?

--

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

< crimsun> the running joke among the Ubuntu archive staff is that we
should name the hosts after Aztec deities for great
can't-remember-how-to-spell-or-pronounce justice
< crimsun> ssh xuihtecuhtli