[TriLUG] WLAN Research

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:26:22 EDT 2006

Oh, good point.  I like the Buffalo stuff to.  But my all-time favorite for
OpenWRT is the Asus 500G.  More ram, more flash, more processor.  All the
good stuff.  And you even get a couple of USB ports which for this
application might not be as useful unless you are going to mount the devices
in a ceiling.   If so get a cheapy USB LED light and put it in the back for
pointless kicks.

The only problem is finding the Asus 500g is kind of difficult these days.
And I have no idea why that is.

For what it's worth, I have never tried to load any 3rd part firmware on a
WRT54-GL but would be very curious to hear the results if you attemped to do
so.

Greg