[TriLUG] Motherboard recommendation

WA Brown brownwa at ftc-i.net
Tue May 23 12:56:29 EDT 2006

I have been using Giga-Byte motherboards. 2 out of 3 have messed up. I am
using a 7VT600P-RZ motherboard in this computer and it has done well. I use
Athlon processors and like the socket A type. Now it does not want to load
the bios at times.When I turn it on it just sits there. I have to turn it on
and off several times for it to start loading.
     Looks like I need to change to another motherboard. What do you
recommend? It needs to work well with Linux. I dont do gaming and such. Just
internet and server work. I dont know the other boards that is why I am
asking you for a recommendation. I dont want an expensive board just a
medium range board.

Thanks,
WA Brown