[TriLUG] Re: Dell Latitude D620 laptop

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Wed May 24 08:48:39 EDT 2006

You can purchase the 3945 and 2915 Intel mini-pci cards from many
vendors.  And you don't necessarily need a centrino compatible system to
use them.

I purchases an Intel 2915ABG card from newegg and it is happily running
in my Transmetta Efficeon based laptop (about as for from centrino as
you can get).  The Intel drivers are built into the newer kernels and
the firmware is an easy download.

Here's the card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833106220

I had been using a Prism54 based card but got tired or not being able to
use WPA with it.  I'm not happily using WPA with the Intel based card.

-David