[TriLUG] A good Linux based backup program...

dsandif dsandif at email.unc.edu
Wed May 24 10:53:18 EDT 2006

I might have asked about this before but I'll ask again anyway. Does any
one know of a good backup program for Linux? I am not using tapes\tape
drives, only usb hard drives attached to do my backups. I have tried
fsbackup and it fails at certain points so I'm thinking that I should
probably start looking at something more commercially proven. I've been
pouring over these two links below to get some idea of whats out there
and would like to hear what  you good folks out there recommend? Thxs.

D-

 http://www.linuxlinks.com/Software/Backup/  and
http://www.linux.org/apps/all/Administration/Backup.html