[TriLUG] Thanksfor all the responses to my backup question...

Marc Wiatrowski wia at iglass.net
Wed May 24 15:25:44 EDT 2006

This help at all?  -marc

http://www.edwinh.org/flexbackup/faq.html#Backup3

2.4. What is the maxiumum size of the archives flexbackup can produce?

    This is a limitation of the archive program, tape driver, underlying
    filesystem, OS, or specific compilation of perl - nothing in flexbackup
    controls that.

    Some older programs/systems barf at 2GB files -- anything recent should
    deal with large files no problem, using standard APIs.

    If you are using "buffer" be aware that you need to compile with extra
    flags, or patch the 1.19 version to handle >2GB files. (The RPMS linked
    to from this site have been)

    See also Large File Support in Linux or Large file size changes to the
    single Unix spec for more info and hints on how to fix things if you
    need to recompile something.