[TriLUG] Re: Dell Latitude D620 laptop

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Thu May 25 08:33:07 EDT 2006

Be careful of just buying on off ebay and replacing it.  They are easy
to replace, just loosen the keyboard and you have the necessary
access.  But Dell has changed the form factor of the internal wireless
cards in the D620, they are not the sodimm format of minipci cards.
The new ones are a much smaller format, this is most likely because
they added a 3rd wireless option of a EVDO card, and they needed the
space. Dell also moved the bluetooth module from the battery bay on
the D610 to under the keyboard on the D620.  On a brigter note, I just
put FC5 on a D620 last night and it suspend and more importantly
resumes properly.

Matt P.