[TriLUG] dnsmasq dying

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Thu May 25 15:17:12 EDT 2006

Sorry I didn't get back to the list earlier.

While I didn't isolate the problem, I did eliminate it for now. It was
a problem with a windows client. This makes twice that I've seen
network printing on windows bork dnsmasq.

Oddly/unfortunately, both the core dump and the ktrace ended up being useless.

If you've seen something like this before and have some pointers
(other than "don't let windows handle printing") that would prevent
something like this from coming up again, please do share your
experience with the list.

If I were a policeman this would've been me finding the safehouse
where the crooks were hiding, but not catching the criminal. I'd love
to catch him.

-CMP

--

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

< crimsun> the running joke among the Ubuntu archive staff is that we
should name the hosts after Aztec deities for great
can't-remember-how-to-spell-or-pronounce justice
< crimsun> ssh xuihtecuhtli