[TriLUG] Weather Display for Linux

Christopher Blackmon ckblackm at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 15:32:51 EDT 2006

--- Ron Joffe <rjoffe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 25 May 2006 10:03, Christopher Blackmon
> wrote:
> >
> > The software is setable for com1-12, but linux
> > recognizes the converter at ttyUSB0.  Any ideas on
> how
> > to get this to work?
> >

> Christopher,
>
> Would a simple soft link between ttyUSB0 and ttyS2
> work ?
>
> Ron

As has been suggested by several people.. I did
something like that (I actually removed ttyS3 and did
a mknod using the same #'s as ttyUSB0)... it seems to
be reading data now.. but the numbers are all bogus.
The windows version of the software works fine on the
same computer (duel-booted), so I know the hardware's
fine.

I'll check w/ the WDlinux forum to see if they've got
any ideas, too.

thanks for any/all ideas.. :-)
Christopher.