[TriLUG] Question for gmail users, performance problems lately?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 11:21:51 EDT 2006

Has anyone else been seeing this?

The last few days, I've noticed that when I compose an email in gmail
the contents editing window is incredibly sluggish.  At times, it  has
a hard time keeping up even with very slow typing.

I'm running firefox on Ubuntu Linux 5.10.  This is happening on two
computers,one a laptop, and another a pretty powerful desktop.  I
don't know of any changes to either system lately which would have
affected firefox.

I'm beginning to think that google might have done some javascript
tricks which are killing performance for me.
--
Rick DeNatale