[TriLUG] Question for gmail users, performance problems lately?

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 12:21:30 EDT 2006

gmail regularly rolls out code changes to a minority of users to test
them--perhaps you're one of them, Rick?

Isn't there a greasemonkey script that the fellow from the Web 2.0
presentation showed us that would allow you to see if it's making lots
of calls? Anybody remember what that script was called?

I haven't experienced any slowness.

-CMP

On 6/2/06, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else been seeing this?
>
> The last few days, I've noticed that when I compose an email in gmail
> the contents editing window is incredibly sluggish.  At times, it  has
> a hard time keeping up even with very slow typing.
>
> I'm running firefox on Ubuntu Linux 5.10.  This is happening on two
> computers,one a laptop, and another a pretty powerful desktop.  I
> don't know of any changes to either system lately which would have
> affected firefox.
>
> I'm beginning to think that google might have done some javascript
> tricks which are killing performance for me.
> --
> Rick DeNatale

Cristobal M. Palmer
UNC-CH SILS Student
TriLUG Vice Chair
cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
cmpalmer at ils.unc.edu
ils.unc.edu/~cmpalmer
"Television-free since 2003"

<tarheelcoxn> iank has trouble with English. his native language is Python
<iank> Yeah
<iank>   I'm forced
<iank>     To indent
<iank>   My sentences