[TriLUG] Asterisk: SIP call transfer

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Tue Jun 6 13:57:10 EDT 2006

Howdy gang!
   I'm proud to say I have a good 90% of the functionality I'm after up
and running with my brand new Asterisk setup.  The 10% I'm missing is
how to let a SIP user transfer a call back into the dialplan (wherein I
can work some magic to get our PBX to then transfer said call to a
selected extension).  The call to be transferred will always originate
from our Nortel PBX and be piped into the Asterisk server via a Nortel
ATA and a TDM400P FXO module.  So it's really just a matter of being
able to tell Asterisk to flash the FXO line and dial the transfer code
(easy) from the middle of an established SIP call (not so easy, so far).
  The SIP client is X-Lite.  I tried Gizmo, but couldn't seem to get it
to register with the * server.

Many many thanks to all the folks who've lent helpful info so far, and
thanks in advance to those who will continue (or start!) to do so!

Cheers,
~Brian