[TriLUG] OT: signing NDA's

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Jun 12 07:34:45 EDT 2006

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, Ron Joffe wrote:

> Most standard NDA's specify that any proprietary material
> provided to you by the company must be labled
> "proprietary" or they must notify you in writing that the
> documents are proprietary.

What I'm concerned about is that they're going to ask me to
sign a piece of paper saying I may know about everything in
the company, when I've just been given their internal manual
for a product. I would like to sign a piece of paper saying
I've seen the proprietary manual, not a piece of paper
saying I know all about the company.

Is that reasonable?

> The key here is that the company must always tell you what
> is proprietary.

didn't know that. thanks.

Joe