[TriLUG] 98 to Ubuntu. How much for a full page add? Is trilug a non profit corp?

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 15:45:10 EDT 2006

Anyone want to take out an add to help the orphaned Win98 users migrate to
Ubuntu?  It's probably a pipe dream.. but it sounds like a Good Karma thing
to do though I do recall a full page add in the business section of Sunday's
N&O costing around $10k.  Is that correct?  Obviously that's way too much
money.

Getting volunteer time wouldn't be that hard (one would assume) and I
imagine I could get someone to donate the space and electricity.  Goodness
knows I could get my hands on enough cat 5 or 6 to wrap the world 10x over
and the Cisco gig switches to move the data during backup phases of the
project (though if user X only had a 100 meg connection, and they probably
would if they were running 98, a cross-over direct connection would be
faster).

Is trilug a non profit corp?  I wonder if that helps with the cost.  When in
the next install-fest anyway?  Guess I'll check the webpage.