[TriLUG] LAMP Hosting?

James Brigman jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 15 23:13:34 EDT 2006

Hey TriLUG;

I'm casting around for a hosting company that specializes in LAMP
servers - specifically, a LAMP server for FTP that can provide a way for
customers of mine out on the internet to log in/authenticate (to my AD
LDAP), be presented with a customized selection of downloadable
products, download their choices and retain a record (that I can
download) of those choices for recordkeeping of what products they have.
Essentially, a "product access portal" for my customers.

Can anyone recommend to me a hosting service or ISP-type company who can
provide customizable FTP/LAMP servers?

I'm also willing to consider hosting such a server in-house, (I have the
hardware, I'd have to buy more 'net bandwidth) but I don't want to get
into a major programming project. I'd be looking for a "LAMP kit" that
could provide an easy way to get this basic functionality up and running
quickly.

Experienced feedback solicited;
Thanks, JKB