[TriLUG] Server Duplication... RFC

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Thu Jun 22 15:15:09 EDT 2006

i got a bunch of those 3ware warnings on my arrays (9500 8 port) when i
first assembled them too, once it initialized it was fine and has been
running flawlessly ever since (about 8 months).

also fwiw, i bought a 1u supermicro server this week (5013cmt) w/ 4x sata
disks in it.  they work fine individually, even under high simultaneous
throughput to multiple disks.  but it locks up hard if i create a md raid 5
device and put it under any significant load (os was fc5).  sometimes it
would even crash during mkfs.ext3.  so software raid isn't necessarily a
panacea either.

jason