[TriLUG] OT: shuttle launch & need C-Band digital satellite downlink

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Thu Jun 29 16:12:24 EDT 2006

STS-121 (Discovery) is scheduled to launch on Saturday July 1 @ 15:49 EDT.

The "news media" will likely be "covering" this event, but as their idea
of "coverage" involves talking over top of the juicy bits most geeks
want to hear with useless drivel, I am looking for a way to get NASA TV
directly.

NASA TV is carried on C-Band satellite with MPEG2.  Full details at
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/digital.html

If anyone here has or knows of some place where I can go to watch this
downlink directly, please do let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin