[TriLUG] wtf does firefox resolve html and ie6 blows

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Fri Jun 30 10:12:05 EDT 2006

Change line 557 from this:

<TR BACKGROUND="images/pixi_2.gif" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

To this:

And it'll look much better. The problem is that in the style sheet you
have color set to #FFFFFF (white), but the table row also has a bgcolor
of #FFFFFF. Keep the background image if you want.

Does that help? Fixed it for me. I think it was working in Firefox
because of some strange stuff going on beforehand in the html. After
fixing so that it would validate through the W3 validator, it did the
same thing in Firefox as IE.

Let me know if my line numbers don't match up with yours - I saved it as
"web page complete" in Firefox so that I could work on it locally, which
seems to move things around a little, and then I had to go back and find
the line number in the real source. I'm sure I could find it again if
necessary.

Owen