[TriLUG] SATA HD RAID5 Controller for linux

Mike Seda maseda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 15:18:12 EDT 2006

Hi Paul,
I run an LSI Logic Megaraid 150-6 sata raid controller in my CentOS 4.3
box. It runs like a champ...It is even backward-compatible with a 32-bit
pci slot. If you are interested, check out the following links:
Specs ->
http://www.lsilogic.com/products/megaraid/sata_150_6.html
NewEgg Open Box ->
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16816118011R
NewEgg Retail ->
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16816118011
Btw, make sure to buy the LSI Logic LSIBBU01 MegaRAID Battery Backup
Module or a ups. Initially, I didn't have room for more than 4 drives
either. So, I bought the following sata raid cage:
http://www.pc-pitstop.com/sata_cages_enclosures/mb810skf.asp

Cheers,
Mike