[TriLUG] need a small linux laptop or handheld - reccomendations?

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 11:52:16 EDT 2006

I need something small to surf for non-work related stuff while on lunch
break, etc.  "The Company" is cracking down hard on Internet use for some
reason even getting uptight about employees going to eBay or Amazon.  I'm
not sure why this is, perhaps an audit.  Anyway, I'm surrounded by public
APs so connectivity isn't a problem.

Small, light and Linux is what I'm looking for.  And inexpensive.  Having
Firefox would be ideal.

Is anyone looking to unload a Sony Vaio Picturebook (the really little one)
or a 12" G3 iBook I could put yellow dog on?  Or even something smaller?

Greg

**