[TriLUG] Is anyone anywhere near Wake Forest going to the TriLUG meeting?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 07:25:12 EDT 2006

On 7/11/06, Daniel T. Chen <crimsun at fungus.sh.nu> wrote:

> Rick DeNatale wrote:
> > Since I'm currently not allowed to drive (unless I get a go-ahead from
> > the surgeon tomorrow which I doubt), I'm looking for a ride to and
> > from the meeting on Thursday.
>
> I'm about 25 minutes east of Winston-Salem and don't mind swinging by to
> give you a ride. E-mail off-list, please.

Daniel,

Well that would be nice, but Wake Forest (the town) is about 10 miles
north of the outer beltline in Raleigh.

The school was here in the 1950s (when Arnold Palmer attended) until
the Reynolds (tobacco) family bought it and moved it to Winston. It's
kind of the dual of Duke. In one case the tobacco barons bought a
school (Trinity College) and renamed it in place, in the other they
bought it and moved it without renaming it.

Enough folks in these parts seem unaware of this that I decided to
reply on list.  When I first joined TriLUG, and I said that I lived in
WF, someone commented that I'd come a long distance.

So endeth the NC geography/history lesson, be prepared for a pop quiz
at the meeting. <G>

--
Rick DeNatale

IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator