[TriLUG] [OT] C++ question: currency formatting like java NumberFormat in C++?

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Thu Jul 13 13:34:16 EDT 2006

If you're using streams, you can use ios::setiosflags and
ios::setprecision (I think...it's been a really long time since I've
used that) to set number format.  Check out (I know, I know...) the MSDN
language reference.  Despite being born of our hated enemy, it's really
a pretty good reference.

Here's a link into its discussion of the iostream object:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclang98/html/_iostream_ios.asp

Look at the "Manipulators" section, as well as the definitions of the
lFlags.

~B