[TriLUG] Sorta OT: Corrupted OGG files

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Tue Jul 18 15:36:06 EDT 2006

Hiya folks,
   Anyone have a linux-based tool to fix a corrupted Ogg-Vorbis audio
file?  I keep a collection of CDs that I own ripped on my hard drive as
.ogg files, and lately (read: today all of a sudden) I'm coming across
several of them that appear to have become corrupted somehow (no idea
how...).  When XMMS tries to load one of the wonky ones, all its
indicators (stereo/mono, bitrate, clip length, etc) all go haywire for a
few seconds until it gives up and moves on to the next file.

Anybody seen this before and know of a tool to fix it?  Seems,
aggravatingly, to particularly affect my favorite songs on any given
album..  growl.

Thanks a lot,
~Brian