[TriLUG] Sorta OT: Corrupted OGG files

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Tue Jul 18 17:30:20 EDT 2006

Hmmmm...  didn't know about ogg123, but that seems to play them
normally.  So that means there's something wrong with xmms' ogg player?

Hmm..  On further inspection, it looks like the libvorbis module xmms is
using is a minor version and change higher than xiph.org's official
stable release (1.2.10 vs 1.1.2)..  Should I try to replace my installed
1.2.10 with xiph's official 1.1.2?

And Hm.  I tried some simple symlinking tricks to replace XMMS's
libvorbis.so with the system libvorbis.so (which is the official release
version) and failed..  Any suggestions?

Thanks!
~B