[TriLUG] Xen networking

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 13:23:24 EDT 2006

On 7/19/06, Brian McCullough <bdmc at bdmcc-us.com> wrote:
> when I run Xentop, it says that all of the domUs are "blocked" -- is this
> normal

Blocked is a normal condition that means the domains are waiting for
something. Processing is blocked due to the lack of something to do.

> I can not get into the domU with any of ports 53, 80 and 443, although
> I can get out with any of them.

If those services are available, you should be able to get to them
without a problem.  If "getting out" means using a client for the same
function, than these actions aren't comparable.  What means are you
using to test whether the ports are open?

> I have tried setting and clearning iptables configurations in both the
> dom0 and domU, with no change in behaviour.

Assuming you know ip tables well enough, then that's not it.

> Suggestions -- even places to look?

Check the ports from localhost nmap.  Then nmap from a remote host.

MPF