[TriLUG] Wireless Cards

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 19:54:31 EDT 2006

On 7/19/06, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
>
> >> Am I just blind, or is that sold under another name?  ( D-Link, Netgear,
> >> Linksys? )
>
> sorry forgot to answer the qeustion.
>
> No.
>
> The ones I have say "Agere" (the name of the original
> manufacturer).

Actually the original manufacture of the Orinoco cards was Lucent.
Agere was "spun off" from Lucent back in the early days of the 21st
Century, around the same time they spun off Avaya.

Getting back to Brians original question, I'm using an IBM A/B/G card
which uses the Atheros chipset, and the madwifi driver. I'm using wpa
at home and it's working great with NetworkManager now that Ubuntu
Dapper supports it.

--
Rick DeNatale

IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator