[TriLUG] wildcards in /etc/aliases

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Wed Jul 26 11:33:44 EDT 2006

Woo-hoo to self-replying..  Anyway, if anyone else wishes to perform
such silliness, here's what I came up with to accomplish my goal.

There aren't really wildcards in /etc/aliases (that I could find), but
according to the aliases manpage: "...When  alias database search fails,
and the recipient localpart contains the optional recipient delimiter
(e.g., user+foo), the search is repeated for the unextended address
(e.g., user)."

So, I changed my scheme to "unsub+nnnn" and aliased "unsub", with
positive results.

~B