[TriLUG] On the topic of SPAM - wrong time stamps?

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Wed Aug 2 10:04:12 EDT 2006

Gang:

I get a lot of spam. Really. It's amazing how much spam I get.

So I can usually spot a new virus (since those helpful mail gateways
like to respond to my joe-jobbed e-mail address telling me that my
e-mail about V1 at gra had a virus) or other new spam trends pretty quickly.

What I've been seeing lately is a large number of spam messages with
wrong time stamps, such as May 1, 2002, etc. This is actually very
annoying since those that make it past my filters get sprinkled in
throughout my old messages.

Does anyone know of a way to get postfix to discard e-mails whose sent
date is greater than, say, 48 hours?

-T

--

Tarus Balog