[TriLUG] OT: Quiet SCSI drive

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Fri Aug 4 14:20:54 EDT 2006

I have a Sun Ultra Enterprise 2 sitting under my desk, as a free gift
from my company due to lack of use. Nothing great, but it has 2 network
cards, dual processor, and 1G memory. Only problem is that it has 2 SCSI
drives that are so noisy that people from across the passage came to see
what was going on the first time I started it up.

Is it possible to get a relatively quiet SCSI drive that wouldn't be a
noise polluter sitting under my desk? And if so, what should I be
looking for? I don't need anything large ... just enough to get a basic
Linux or BSD server running.

TIA,
Owen