[TriLUG] fibre channel, multipathing, and recent kernels/distros

Andrew Ball anball at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 09:41:39 EDT 2006

Good morning.

A while back, I started a thread to ask for help for fibre channel.  It
turns out
that my problem was that I could not configure multipathing properly in
SLES 10.  The qlremote utility from Qlogic did not work in-band, plus
I was deploying the root file system from fibre.

Anyone good with configuring zoning on BladeCenter fibre switches or know
where to find some docs for this?

Someone suggested just yanking one of the fibre cables out of the switch,
which I've done.  This isn't a production environment :-P

Supposedly, the Qlogic utilities are supposed to be replaced by md and
friends, but I haven't seen much documentation on how to use them.

Many thanks for your help!

--
Andrew D. Ball
anball at gmail.com
http://filebox.vt.edu/~anball1/
"Festina lente" $\approx$ "Make haste slowly"
    -- Caesar Augustus